Thursday 5 April 2012

Masters - better live?

Lots of golfers dream about attending a major tournament in person. Not me. (Unless I'm playing.) They wax lyrical about seeing the top golfers in person and rave about the 'atmosphere' of a live event. Atmosphere is the main reason I don't want to be there. If it's in the USA, it's generally as hot as hell and the atmosphere is sultry and BO is rife. Also, there are a bunch of morons yelling 'Get in the hole' and you're not allowed to beat them senseless. Which wouldn't take long as they've already got a headstart. If it's the Open, there's a howling gale and sleet, which is typical British summer weather. (The last Open I attended, I got hypothermia.) Nope, give me the comfort of my own home and TV any day. No queuing for toilets, no outrageous prices for food and drink, and no morons within cooee. And you get action replays and mostly intelligent commentary, especially if kiwis Frank Nobilo and Craig Perks are on.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment