Saturday 14 April 2012

Golf swing thoughts

At last! My best score of the year - 77 off the stick! And I can rule out diet. No chocolate or full cream milk for breakfast this morning. I reckon I have finally discovered the correct swing thoughts and number needed. The number of swing thoughts is proportional to the standard of golf I'm playing. Which means over the last few months I've recited a 5-volume encyclopaedia's worth every time I've stood over the ball. (3 volumes on the backswing and 2 on the downswing - slow back, fast through; common fault.) All those thoughts play havoc with your tempo, so I determined to cut back from an encyclopaedia to a tweet. Straight left arm back, straight right arm through. It worked so well that I'm determined to instill it in my muscle memory. Alas, I have been banned from our cafe and supermarket. What works well on the fairways is a bit anti-social in public, when retrieving food from cabinets and groceries from shelves.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment