Tuesday 26 June 2012

Detox Trundler Seat for Golfers

I read in our local paper about a wonderful new cushion for sale which, among other things, claims to "allow the lymphatic system to flush toxins easily through your body ... improve core strength ... help you lose weight by keeping the enzymes that burn fat working."
Sounds ideal for the modern golfer, I thought. I could adapt it for a trundler or a golf cart. With a round of golf taking up to six hours, a lot of that time's spent sitting. Why not use it to 'get healthy'?
So, a cushion that can do all this ... is there a special way of sitting on it? Do I need better balance than I manage through my golf swing? Do I need to keep my head down?
Nope, nothing that complicated. You just have to jiggle. A bit. Every now and then.
Every time I see a product advertised which either 'burns' or 'rids the body of toxins' I have to fight an overwhelming impulse to hurl at the ground whatever it is that I've read the offending advertorial in.
(Indeed, sometimes I suffer from 'toxin burning' flashbacks on the golf course when I hit a shot, obviously full of toxins, and I have to fight really hard to hold on to my golf club.)
After further research, I've concluded that the best way for a golfer to rid themselves of toxins is to have a couple of lessons.
There's nothing like a well-hit shot to expel anything toxic.

Agonising Golf and More Agonising Golf ebooks available
from smashwords.com

No comments:

Post a Comment