Sunday 3 June 2012

Core Rotation

After shooting 90 twice in a row, on two separate courses, I'm now desperate enough to book another lesson. Now I'll worry for the next three days because I know that Geoff will look at his notes from my last 27 lessons and every single one of them will say 'No core rotation'.
So I'll feel like a complete idiot because I just keep repeating the same fault over and over again. I can rotate my core fine when I'm having a lesson but as soon as I step on to a golf course, the only core that gets rotated is my apple.
See, even my core rotation jokes are weak!
What happened to those carefree distant days when everything tilted and rotated without my thinking about it?
Loss of confidence - that's what happened. Instead of merely stepping up to the ball and thinking about my target, I think about all sorts of technical stuff. And then my tempo goes as well.
For goodness sake, I tell myseft, it's just a game! World peace will not be threatened if I hit this shot poorly; I will not lose my life's savings if I pull this iron; a poor bunker shot will not result in debilitating injury.
Actually, a poor bunker shot could result in that. A couple of weeks back a friend hit the side of the bunker and it rebounded on to her eye.
I need to find some way to get back that carefree feeling. Some way that doesn't involve drugs or alcohol.
Hmm, maybe, if I could play that bunker shot so that it hit a little higher up...

No comments:

Post a Comment